Remodeling your kitchen is no easy task, especially given the advanced technology offered in today’s market. But aside from a technologically-friendly kitchen, you want to make sure that it remains aesthetically pleasing. Many homeowners are updating the window treatments in their kitchens to match their style and provide the necessary amount of shading/lighting throughout the area. It is important to feel comfortable when working in the kitchen. Therefore, we have compiled a few questions for you to ask yourself before deciding which window treatment would be the best fit for your kitchen.
1. Does this window treatment compliment my walls and floors?
2. Does this window treatment compliment my cabinets and counter-tops?
3. Do I want to be able to see through the window treatment when it is down?
4. Is complete privacy absolutely necessary?
5. Is there a certain degree of lighting I want to allow into the kitchen?
6. Should I consider an energy-efficient product?
At the end of the day, it is your kitchen, and the way you choose to design it is all a matter of preference. Some may prefer their window treatments to merely be a subtle compliment to the rest of the kitchen area, while others may prefer their window treatments to act as one of the main focal points. Some may want their window treatments to match the walls, while others would rather match their floors or baseboards. Again, it is all a matter of style and personal taste. All of your options should be considered and laid out for you to browse through and feel.
Schedule your Free In-Home Consultation today and learn more about the window treatment possibilities for your kitchen!